Happy New Year blogger friends and all the best for 2015!
Decided to make this post a little bit different and start of my January posts with my 15 New Years resolutions for 2015. I am not going to be one of those people that start off with the whole 'New Year, New Me' carry on, because let's face it, at this age no one is truly going to change. Instead I am listing 15 resolutions that I will try to stick to in order to see a healthier and happier me by the end of the year in the hope that I will be more relaxed, have a peace of mind and have a slightly different outlook on life. So here goes...
1. Eat what I want, when I want.. But in moderation of course! Dieting and healthy living is all good when you have the will power to do so, but if you are like me and will never be able to then I believe in enjoy the foods that you love but always in moderation.
2. Become happy in my own skin. I hate to admit it but I am so hard on myself, all the time. This year I want to stop carrying myself so professionally and learn to love myself and understand that yes I will make mistakes, but I will learn from these and it isn't the end of the world.
3. Never leave things until the last minute. We all do it, but this year I really want to be on top of my game. From ironing to heaving amounts of coursework and studying for exams, I want to be organised and stress free.
4. Stop spending so much money on junk food. Me and my boyfriend are so bad for wasting money on junk food that we don't need when there is plenty for us in the freezer! It's time to stop hitting up Just Eat and enjoy more home cooked meals.
5. Write on my blog more! I always getting tied down with too many things or just become downright lazy so this year I want to make time for writing more on here. I find it so relaxing and it gives me a nice break from University and work so that is something that I definatley want to try and do.
6. See new and old friends more. After moving to Edinburgh I have really struggled in keeping in touch with friends from home and having been making much effort to get out and enjoy some fun times with the friends that I have made through here. This WILL change this year as I need more time to enjoy myself and socialise instead of being stuck in the flat all the time.
7. Stop worrying so much about money. I am so bad for worrying constantly about money even though I do have enough to keep me going. I can't help it, it is just how I am. But this year I want to try relax a little, save up some of my hard earned money and buy that pair of shoes girl!!
8. Stop being a pushover. In the past I have put up with so many little things that end up making my truly unhappy and eat away at me. From now on I want to concentrate on the things that make me happy and not put up with things that don't. If it makes me unhappy then why keep putting up with it? There is just no need!
9. Have more Me & Him time. Sometimes me and Leon get so tied up with University and work and forget to have some us time to unwind. I really want to make an effort this year for us to have some date nights to remind each other why we are together and just enjoy each others company.
10. 8 hours sleep and drink plenty water! A healthy heart = a healthy mind. I want to start to become more healthy, not by going to the gym 5 times a week. But by giving my body the refreshments that it needs by making sure I drink 2 litres of water a day and by getting more than 8 hours sleep at night.
11. Make the most of each day. Instead of staying in all day, reading blogs and watching Youtube videos I want to become more productive. Getting out for a few hours a day or even just keeping busy around the flat will stop me from feeling so tired after sitting doing nothing and will help my mind become more motivated.
12. Get my eyes tested. Bit of a different resolution here.. but I need my eyes tested. Badly. So off to specksavers I go.
13. Eat breakfast. Without a doubt breakfast is the most important part of the day, and I never ever eat it. I want to try and make a point of getting up so that I have enough time to have breakfast before I begin my day in order to prepare my mind.. and fill my belly.
14. Cut my stress. A little bit of stress is good every now and again to keep us on our toes but the way I get affected by stress surely cannot be good for me. I am going to take more time to relax, sleep, socialise and take holidays that I do deserve but don't really allow myself to have.
15. Spend more time with family. This is something that both me and Leon want to do as we don't get to spend time with out families that much after we have moved. This year we are both looking forward to going home more and having our family at the flat as much as we can!
So that is my New Years resolutions for 2015! They might seem a little boring to some readers but these are some of the things that I personally want to work on which will help me become a much happier and relaxed person.
What is your New Years resolutions for this year?
I would love to hear them, so comment your own below or let me know what you think of mines!