How I Whiten My Teeth

Monday 25 August 2014

Recently I have been asked the question 'how do you whiten your teeth?' .. So I thought I'd share my tips for keeping teeth white in the comfort of your own home without having to spend lots of money!

So first of all, I hate my smile. I have always hated my smile and used to always smile with lips closed and no teeth showing. There is no better way to combat this lack of confidence than by having nice glowing white teeth. Straight away this will brighten your smile, give you confidence, make you look healthy and let people know that you take good care of yourself. Nothing worse than horrid teeth right?

There are two main methods that I use to whiten my teeth. 

Method 1: Dial-a-Smile Professional Home Teeth Whitening Kit
This first method is more expensive than the next one that I will get round to. The kit costs around £50 on the web but I was lucky to recieve a package including the full kit, two Whitening Lightning lipglosses and two Whitening Lighting touch up whitening pens for $50 (£30 approx) with a discount code I came across on youtube - so definatley do your research before spending money on the package alone.
The kit comes with three treatments in where you have to swab your teeth first then apply the whitening gel with a brush. After doing so you then have to hold the small handheld UV light in your mouth for half an hour in order to complete the process. After half an hour you then brush your teeth and that is you done! The process does work BUT it is quite a lengthy process including what you have to do prior to applying the gel to your teeth.

Method 2: Crest Professional Whitening Strips
Crest Whitening Strips are a much simpler and more inexpensive way of whitening your teeth which has now became my go to routine. I buy the strips from ebay - 10 packets for approx £16 (within each packet is an upper and lower whitening strip). 

For this method all you do is open the packet and stick the top and lower strips to your teeth (they stick straight away) and fold them over your row of teeth in order to keep them in place. They are then left on for approx. 20 minutes before they are removed and you have to brush your teeth. I can't explain how easy this is, they cause no hinderance whilst in place as you hardly notice that they are there which is why the strips have become my preffered method of whitening. I mean pop them on before you jump in the shower or do your make-up and by the time you have finished you just take them off and brush your teeth then you are good to go! :)

*Note - Neither of these methods have cause me any sensitivity during the whitening process but that does not mean that it will be the same for each user so do your homework before using.

A few more tips:

It is important to have a good whitening toothpaste that will help maintain the pearly whites that you have, I use Blanx although it is a tad expensive for a toothpase. 

Try avoid any foods or drinks that may cause discolouration to your teeth such as fizzy drinks, coffees, harsh coloured foods (eg. curry) or if you do eat or drink any of the above make sure that you brush your teeth as soon after as you can in order to prevent your teeth from becoming stained.

That is all the tips that I have for keeping your teeth white. Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert on teeth whitening but this blog post is to share products and tips that have worked for me although this may not work for everyone. Teeth whitening can however, damage the tooth enamel so it is important to whiten your teeth safely and in moderation.

Make sure to comment below with any tips you have for teeth whitening!

'A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear...'

xo

Post a Comment

Back To Top