Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Instant Tan Review

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Whether it is for a night out on the town, a bronzed summer glow or to keep that skin golden brown through the cold winter months, every girl need a good 'go-to' fake tan that they can rely on.

I have always been a dedicated of St. Moriz as it is so cheap (£2.99), easy to apply and has a great colour yet I decided to try the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Instant Tan by Marissa Carter in order to see what the fuss is about.

Firstly there are a few reasons I would like to point out that made me so hesitant to try this product. Not only is it a little pricey at £7.99 at Superdrug (currently on sale for £5.32 - here), a 1 hour tan is not something that I have ever thought of trying. The thought of applying a product to have to sit around and wait for it to dry for an hour to then jump in a shower to wash it off is only good if you have the time to do so. BUT in saying that, after its application the product did dry quite quickly which meant I could shove on some pjs and twat around for a while, keeping busy whilst I waited on it drying.


The tan claims to:
- Give beautifully bronzed, radiant skin in just 1 hour
- Provide a tan that will last for 5-7 days
- Have NO fake tan smell

I tried the tan out for the first time last Friday and it is now Tuesday and the tan is going strong although I do feel the urge to top it up with another coat. It does contain NO fake tan smell much to my and my boyfriends surprise, which meant he was happy to help out on my back with those areas that we just cannot reach - even after trying in every yoga position possible! The colour does turn out really nice which I did not expect when the product came out onto my fake tan mitt; WARNING the product does come out quite quickly so make sure that you take note of this depending what area of your body you are applying it too so that none goes to waste! :)


As you can see the product comes out quite light looking (excuse the state of my mitt! A new one is defo on my shopping list!). But don't be fulled as it does give a nice bronzed glow to even the palest of skin, and it is super easy to apply. It seems as though it dries super quick on your body but is still easy to blend leaving no harsh lines on areas that you have to go back to. 

Overall I am quite happy with this product but I don't know if it worth paying the extra few pounds when the trustly old St. Moriz achives the same finish.. Yet I will more than likely nip out and grab a few now that they are on offer. One thing that I was disappointed with was the security label. Just look at this...


Not only is it plastered over the information I like to have a good read of before using any product, it is also impossible to remove as you can see from my attempt :( Get it sorted Superdrug!! 

If any of you have any favourite cheap go-to faketans please comment below and let me know as I am always on the lookout for new products to try. Any excuse for a splurge ae girlies??! Can't have too many faketans! ;)

x


Post a Comment

Back To Top