In order to reconnect with all you readers of my blog I thought that I'd come back with a light hearted post containing 20 Things that you might not know about me... Some of these might be a little strange but that's what makes these posts so fun!
1) I have a phobia of eyes - they just make me so squeamish!
2) My parents got divorced when I was two and got back together when I was 16
3) I have moles in the shape of two identical triangles on both of my arms
4) A 'junkie' broke into my flat when I lived in Dundee that had been stabbed, and when getting him to leave my flat he offered to take me out for coffee (true story)
5) I own two four leafed clovers
6) I have a degree in Civil Engineering and I am working towards my second degree in Structural and Foundation Engineering
7) My favourite animal is an elephant
8) I have a fear of heights
9) I love history and would love to visit Auschwitz if I was given the opportunity to
10) I only eat the yolk of an egg, cannot stand the texture of the white - eww
11) I am the worlds worst singer
12) I have a secret love for rap music and have seen: Eminem, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Professor Green, Dizzee Rascal, Nicki Minaj and am seeing 50 Cent and G Unit this month!
13) I LOVE spicy food that's so hot it's almost inedible
14) I have no brothers or sisters but my boyfriend has 4 brothers and an older sister which makes up for that
15) I still have stones in my knee from a bike accident when I was out with my pop when I was like 7
16) I am a Virgo and if you look up any facts of my star sign, they are me down to a T
17) I have three sets of Grandparents, work that one out
18) I have worked at McDonalds for 5 years and counting...
19) I am a fainter and faint at least once a year
20) I am obsessed with scary films
When you sit down and try to think of strange facts about yourself there are just so many but these are the ones I thought would be the most entertaining. Remember to comment with your own strange facts about yourself as I love reading these kinds of posts!
With the increased risk in skin cancer from using tanning beds, it is becoming more common for girls and guys to use fake tan. This Tip Tuesday is going to be all about fake tanning, how to achieve a great even fake tan and how to fix any fake tan disasters.
1. First of all it is important to chose a fake tan that is right for you. Whether it be a mousse, spray or lotion, deciding what you can work with is the first step for achieving the perfect fake tan. Personally I use a mousse, as I feel it is easier to blend using a mitt and you can see the application immediately. A spray is good for a quick and easy application where little blending is required, and lotions often need time to build a gradual tan so you cannot see the tan as it is applied. I rarely use fake tan on my face as I feel any tan that I want on my face can be achieved by using bronzer, but tanning wipes or a spray would be best recommended for the face.
2. EXFOLIATE! Before tanning you should always exfoliate to remove any dead skin cells that may be on your body. Dry and dead skin will only cause the tan to cling to it, resulting in a patchy and uneven fake tan. I would also recommend shaving a day before or after tanning (not immediately!) as a fresh shave then application of tan just leaves horrible razor burn on your legs - not pretty girls!
3. Give yourself plenty time to do your tan and also allow time for it to dry. You do not want to rush as this is something that takes time and effort so that the end product is flawless. Especially with a mousse, you want to take the time to apply using circular motions and then pat over the area to ensure even application. If you can't reach an area such as your back, don't hurt yourself doing all sorts of yoga positions to try and reach.. Just ask someone to do it for you :)
4. The last point I want to talk about is your hands! It has taken me years in order to figure out how to perfectly tan hands without them becoming patchy and giving myself cheesy looking fingers. What I do is to use any remains on my mitt and then go over my hands, up and down my fingers, between my fingers and then lastly over my knuckles. This is the best way I have found of applying tan to my hands without it looking awful.
If you ever do get that patch of tan on your hands that doesn't look right, or your tan has leaked through the mitt I have found a great little trick to remove it. Simply apply some soap to a luffa and scrub gently to remove any unwanted tan without causing any harm to your skin. This works like an absolute charm and removes any of those unwanted tan patches without you having to make much effort to remove it!
That's all for today's Tip Tuesday! If you liked this and want to read more of my Tip Tuesday's, or have any of your own tips to share then just comment below.
Happy New Year blogger friends and all the best for 2015!
Decided to make this post a little bit different and start of my January posts with my 15 New Years resolutions for 2015. I am not going to be one of those people that start off with the whole 'New Year, New Me' carry on, because let's face it, at this age no one is truly going to change. Instead I am listing 15 resolutions that I will try to stick to in order to see a healthier and happier me by the end of the year in the hope that I will be more relaxed, have a peace of mind and have a slightly different outlook on life. So here goes...
1. Eat what I want, when I want.. But in moderation of course! Dieting and healthy living is all good when you have the will power to do so, but if you are like me and will never be able to then I believe in enjoy the foods that you love but always in moderation.
2. Become happy in my own skin. I hate to admit it but I am so hard on myself, all the time. This year I want to stop carrying myself so professionally and learn to love myself and understand that yes I will make mistakes, but I will learn from these and it isn't the end of the world.
3. Never leave things until the last minute. We all do it, but this year I really want to be on top of my game. From ironing to heaving amounts of coursework and studying for exams, I want to be organised and stress free.
4. Stop spending so much money on junk food. Me and my boyfriend are so bad for wasting money on junk food that we don't need when there is plenty for us in the freezer! It's time to stop hitting up Just Eat and enjoy more home cooked meals.
5. Write on my blog more! I always getting tied down with too many things or just become downright lazy so this year I want to make time for writing more on here. I find it so relaxing and it gives me a nice break from University and work so that is something that I definatley want to try and do.
6. See new and old friends more. After moving to Edinburgh I have really struggled in keeping in touch with friends from home and having been making much effort to get out and enjoy some fun times with the friends that I have made through here. This WILL change this year as I need more time to enjoy myself and socialise instead of being stuck in the flat all the time.
7. Stop worrying so much about money. I am so bad for worrying constantly about money even though I do have enough to keep me going. I can't help it, it is just how I am. But this year I want to try relax a little, save up some of my hard earned money and buy that pair of shoes girl!!
8. Stop being a pushover. In the past I have put up with so many little things that end up making my truly unhappy and eat away at me. From now on I want to concentrate on the things that make me happy and not put up with things that don't. If it makes me unhappy then why keep putting up with it? There is just no need!
9. Have more Me & Him time. Sometimes me and Leon get so tied up with University and work and forget to have some us time to unwind. I really want to make an effort this year for us to have some date nights to remind each other why we are together and just enjoy each others company.
10. 8 hours sleep and drink plenty water! A healthy heart = a healthy mind. I want to start to become more healthy, not by going to the gym 5 times a week. But by giving my body the refreshments that it needs by making sure I drink 2 litres of water a day and by getting more than 8 hours sleep at night.
11. Make the most of each day. Instead of staying in all day, reading blogs and watching Youtube videos I want to become more productive. Getting out for a few hours a day or even just keeping busy around the flat will stop me from feeling so tired after sitting doing nothing and will help my mind become more motivated.
12. Get my eyes tested. Bit of a different resolution here.. but I need my eyes tested. Badly. So off to specksavers I go.
13. Eat breakfast. Without a doubt breakfast is the most important part of the day, and I never ever eat it. I want to try and make a point of getting up so that I have enough time to have breakfast before I begin my day in order to prepare my mind.. and fill my belly.
14. Cut my stress. A little bit of stress is good every now and again to keep us on our toes but the way I get affected by stress surely cannot be good for me. I am going to take more time to relax, sleep, socialise and take holidays that I do deserve but don't really allow myself to have.
15. Spend more time with family. This is something that both me and Leon want to do as we don't get to spend time with out families that much after we have moved. This year we are both looking forward to going home more and having our family at the flat as much as we can!
So that is my New Years resolutions for 2015! They might seem a little boring to some readers but these are some of the things that I personally want to work on which will help me become a much happier and relaxed person.
What is your New Years resolutions for this year?
I would love to hear them, so comment your own below or let me know what you think of mines!
It's me and Leon's first Christmas together in our flat, and in Edinburgh! I am so excited to wake up on Christmas morning here with my favourite person *cheese. We haven't had much time together recently because of my exams and with both of us working so I cannot wait to have Christmas Day together. Following are some pictures of our decorations in the flat as well as some snaps from when we visited Winter Wonderland when I broke up from University :) We decided to go with a gold and white theme to keep things quite neutral to match with our living room colour scheme!
Back with a quick Tip Tuesday and this one is for the girls!
Ever have that struggle with winged eyeliner? Of course you do, all of us girlies do unless we have totally perfected it! If you are like me and still struggle to get both eyes matching then here are some of my tips!
1. Firstly find the liner that works for you. Whether it is pencil, gel or a liquid liner.. Find what is easiest for you to work with and stick with it.
2. Use tape at the corner of your eye, just like you would use for creating a perfect eye shadow look in order to get that perfect flick.
3. If you have problems with trying to get the liner as close to your lid as possible then DO THE MASCARA FIRST! Trust me on this. Applying mascara to your lashes causes them to become thicker and harder meaning that you can get right down the bottom of your eyelid along the lash line so there are no gaps in the liner!
4. If you make a mistake do not use anything wet to remove the liner. This always just makes the liner run and makes a great black mess. Be sure to use a dry piece of tissue or a dried cotton bud as they work wonders.
5. Always apply the liner with your head pointing downwards but so you can still see in a mirror. This prevents a build up of liner (especially liquid) from building up on your eyelashes and causing them to clump together... Yuck!